If you’ve been in an accident, you need someone to fight for your rights. Though you may think this is your insurance company’s job, your insurance company has only one objective: to settle your claim as quickly and cheaply as possible. This does not always coincide with protecting your rights. For full protection and advocacy, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side. Here are some of the rights a personal injury lawyer will help you protect.
- The right to medical care. If you’re injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation for your medical treatment, both immediate and ongoing, for as long as it takes to recover from your injuries.
- The right to have your property repaired. If your car or other property has been damaged, it needs to be repaired so that you can go about your daily life, like you did before your accident.
- The right to be compensated for pain and suffering. The damage you sustain from an accident isn’t just measured by the cost of your treatment; you also suffer emotional and physical pain. You deserve compensation for this cost, as well.
- The right to be compensated for lost income. If you are injured and can no longer work, it has a significant effect on your family’s financial situation. To correct this, you need compensation for income you lost while recovering or because of an inability to return to work.
- The right to damages for a disability or disfigurement. An accident that leaves you disfigured or disabled has permanently affected your life and may cause you prolonged physical or emotional pain and suffering. You deserve financial compensation for this drastic change to your life.
After an accident, you need help exercising your rights and getting your life back to the way it was. Let Malman Law help you protect these rights by advocating on your behalf in court. Call (312) 983-6193 to reach our Chicago office.